Friday, November 27, 2009

My swimmers


Well I haven't written anything in weeks, and really there hasn't been a lot to write about. However today, I met with my Doc for the results of my sperm analysis and I'm FERTILE!!! Hahaha.

It's weird because I've just always assumed (for some strange reason) that I was infertile. The whole DES thing (see previous entry) gave me an excuse just to make the assumption. I think it helped with the pain of realizing that I wouldn't have kids, that I wasn't fit or able or allowed to have children, according to society, my family, maybe even myself. So it made it easier for me just to assume that I couldn't.

Flash forward to present day, it's a whole different world and so is my life. I live with an incredible man that I love and adore, we are steady and stable and happy, and the thought of raising a family with him makes me want to burst. Somehow all this gave me the impetus and courage to find out, another step towards a goal that, the powers above willing, we will realize.


It was interesting to see the information you get in this type of test. Volume (5mls, where 3-7mls are normal), good sperm (55%, anything over 30% is good) and bad sperm (45%) and number, and this one I was really proud of 85 million, where anything over 20 million is normal. WOW! Let me tell you, I walked out of there with my head a little higher, hahaha.


I also debriefed my GP on the conditions of the lab I went to, hopefully he can spare future patients. He asked if there was any 'material', I had to laugh. I said with the exception of my iPhone (scroll, scroll, scroll) NO! There wasn't even any paper towel, let alone 'material', lol.


Anyways, it was nice news to get. It made me feel a little closer to the patter of feet in our house ;).

15 comments:

  1. Way to go. It only takes one, you have gazillions!!!!

    Now, go forth and multiply and make you and hubby daddies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One worry less! I remember that with us it felt great when we found out we were both fertile. Especially since it could have made this journey even more difficult than it already is.
    Now swim your way over to India:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay. Good swimmers go forth and find thee an egg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this hurdle is always a big one and a relief to know all is well (and plentiful!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news! I dread to think about the sample room...makes my stomach flip flop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any updates? Been a while. Kerrie in Toronto/Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went through the same thing when we were considering a surrogate. The things we do to start families.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking-in and wanted to see what you guys are up to?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is lovely to follow through others having been through what I look for. Thank you for sharing your surrogacy experience. If it helps anyone, I would like to share this site which is solely focused on surrogacy options for gay men couples.
    http://www.gaysurrogacy.net

    please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Err no, that's a site from a Turkish Medical Tourism company and purely a marketing ploy. Tolga Umar's completely homophobic- the only 'sole focus' they have is the gay dollar. You'll find the same team on their numerous sites.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. That is great to get good news about your swimmers. This part of the "gay dads making' babies" process has to be done with some humor. I loved writing my story on my blog. (People had so many questions anyway why not just say everything.) I'm sure my kids will be horrified by that entry, though, in another 13 or 14 years. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just do invitro fertilization, I saw a coupon for some clinic on http://www.mefindcoupon.com offering 25% off. Look it up it can put 2 male sperms together and block carriers

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete